“Time is money” said Benjamin Franklin. Are you spending yours wisely?
There are countless blogs and guides about how to better manage your time but in truth, they are selling you a fantasy. To manage time is a physical impossibility, it will pass whether you achieve your goals or not. What they actually mean is, how can you better manage your focus.
And when you start to think about it in terms of Focus Management then everything becomes much simpler and less stressful. There is no official definition of Focus Management, but a great quote from Jim Rhon* captures it succinctly:
“Either run the day or the day runs you”
To help you we’ve listed our top 8 tips that have been proven to help boost productivity without working any harder. Sounds amazing doesn’t it but it’s not rocket science. If you try some of these, they could truly revolutionise your working day.
- Plan your day the night before, give yourself only three key tasks to complete. Then anything else completed is a bonus
- Give your full focus to your tasks, switch off your phone and any email alerts.
- Do only one thing at a time and you will do it quicker and better.
- Do the worst job first, you will have a great sense of success afterwards and a clearer head.
- Set yourself tasks in chunks of time on your calendar, it’s then not on your mind and you know it’s accounted for.
- Take breaks, set timers for breaks if you’re poor at this. A fresh brain works better and smarter.
- Clear your desk. Lots of studies have shown removing clutter helps people to think clearly. Clear desk, clear mind.
- Reflect each day on what you have achieved, a positive mindset is key to success and even the most frustrating day has lessons to be learned if we take the time to reflect on them.
This is not revolutionary information, most of us know this but we just don’t do it. Try taking small steps, do one thing from the list per week and in a very short time, you will feel the difference in your working day. Good luck.
If you want to learn more about Focus Management, you’re in luck, we have a free seminar on June @ 8.30. Please come along and join us, and if you found this article useful, please let us know your thoughts below?