Do you feel money-rich but time-poor? How often have you missed a family reunion or turned up late to a birthday dinner because of work?
Having a decent balance between your work life and your social life reduces stress levels, improves general well-being and makes your calendar look more appealing. Here is our Guide on how to achieve and maintain a decent work-life balance:
- Schedule: Set goals and deadlines in accordance with what’s important to you. Be efficient and calculative with your time planning. Ask yourself- What can be done tomorrow morning? Plan in advance and arrange your work schedule accordingly.
- Leave Work at Work: When you are with friends or family turn your phone off and resist reading any work emails.
- Do Something You Enjoy: Make time to do something just for yourself that you really enjoy. Whether it’s reading a book, gardening or watching a film. Relax and do not think about work!
- Plan Your Calendar: Pencil in Birthdays and anniversaries of friends and families in your calendar in advance. That way you have some idea of how busy your social calendar is likely to be each month.
- Respect Your Health: Until something goes wrong we usually take our health for granted. If you need to go to the doctor or the dentist make this a priority over your work. Just book the appointment and go before your health deteriorates.
- Exercise: Exercise releases endorphins which can make you happier. Try walking or cycling to work one day. If your company provides a gym memberships make sure you make the most of it.
- Work: Don’t forget to go to work!