Let’s face it, Christmas is literally around the corner. Carols are playing in the shops, Christmas trees are popping up everywhere, and your children may be demonstrating a semblance of good behaviour so the man in red pops by on Christmas Eve.
At this time of year, our thoughts turn to mulled wine and Turkey.
Although securing that new role that would be a fantastic Christmas present, many job seekers slow down their hunt as December approaches.
I have worked in recruitment for over a decade and have seen some fantastic opportunities arise in the winter months that require someone to start the first day in January.
Instead of increasing your chocolate intake, perhaps this Christmas you should step up your job hunt?
5 Reasons to try and secure that new role before pulling a cracker…
- Although you may slow down your job hunt, HR departments don’t. You may be pipped to the post without even starting the race on an opportunity that was ideal for you.
- You will have less competition if you drive your job hunt forward in the seasonal months. Showing dedication to securing a new role at Christmas gives a great first impression as well.
- Everyone is in a better mood at Christmas making interviews more relaxed and informal. Who can give you a grilling when they were singing along to Band Aid in the car that morning.
- Budgets can end in December so some businesses will have to make that hire in the last month of the year or risk losing sign off.
- You will find it easier to get time off in December as it raises less suspicion if you take holiday for that last-minute shopping day. Likewise, employers diaries tend to be freer so you have greater flexibility.
At Signet we are still working hard up until Christmas Eve and have a full range of exciting roles available for those dedicated enough to keep pushing their job hunt.
For Marketing professionals have a look at this outstanding management role based in Oxfordshire, a brand new opportunity within a well-known brand which needs an ambitious Marketer to grab it with both hands.
If you are a Sales professional seeking your next opportunity, then we have some fantastic options over on our job pages, including a fantastic position as a Field Sales Executive, offering a package of 36,000k plus, car, iPad and all the trimmings.
We also have a role based in Richmond for a proven HR professional to join a global brand. This role offers a chance to work for a business that really values their people.
We have a rare opportunity for a Customer Service Manager to join a leading ethical business, based in Bagshot, paying up to £35,000. Plus a role for an inspirational manager is needed for a busy customer services team based in Berkshire, salary up to £42,000.
For details of all our roles please head to the main site, and sign up for email alerts so you are the first to heard about our new opportunities.